Saturday, October 17, 2009

rematotusen (Rifter) v Rifter
Evati, Metropolis, 0.2

Jump to the gate don't remember which one and another Rifter is coming out of warp. He is blinky red which means free shot for me. So I decide to engage, of course I remember the last time I engaged on a gate, gang warps in and goodbye Trinity Nova. I don't care I need a good fight and I'm glad I engaged because I got one. Fight starts off pretty slow, at least for me. He takes all my shields and starts eating into my armor, and I've barely begun to scratch him. I find out later he is shield tanked with three core defense extenders, so I had a good bit of shields to eat through. To make matters worse the rats on the gate start to engage and to top it all off a third party (Punisher) decides to add his own DPS, afterall I'm blinky red as well.

So I'm fighting this Rifter, got rats pounding on me and a punisher. I see a Merlin drop in but for some reason he doesn't engage. I'm loaded with RF EMP and I'm overheating, needless to say once I'm through his shield tank things start to look up. Now that I've taken care of the Rifter I turn my attention to the Punisher. I've lost all my shields and over 90% or my armor and the rats aren't going away, so I decide to break contact. In my mind I didn't think I would make it, I neuted the puni and started to align and lo and behold I started to warp off. I'm not sure if it was the neut that saved me or if I drifted out of scram range I think it was the latter.

The fight with rematotusen was close although I think my triple trimarked tank, overheating, bigger guns and neut made the difference. Although he wasn't active tanking I believe the neut shutoff his dmg control. He had a pretty standard shield fit BUT he also had mwd fit. I used to think that mwd was a must but in lowsec I don't think it's crucial. Very seldom do I have to chase someone when I do they either aren't fast enough or they want to engage. I can warp fast enough so escaping gatecamps isn't an issue either. In his case a dead mwd meant that I had total control over range. TBH I had a lot of things going on so my range control wasn't the best. I had a slightly better range advantage with bigger guns but that advantage was to small and the margin of error was so big I couldn't manage it properly especially with that puni trying to kill me as well.

It was a great fight probably the best one I've had in awhile. In my mind I validated my fit and feel very comfortable fighting it. The neut is a critical part of my fit and there's no way I'd fight without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment